Fossend Publishing

Fossend Publishing

Friday 19 February 2016

Beautiful ancient Egypt

Pyramids - Giza Plateau, near Cairo

I have always had a passion for ancient history, I love reading about the Greeks, Romans and Nabataeans but my heart lies with Egypt. I love history so much, and it's something this been part of my life for a long time. History is important, it's how our ancestors shaped the world we live in today, and it's fascinating to look back at ancient life to see how people lived, worked and what they invented. We have a lot to thank the ancients for, and our lives would definitely be poorer without them.


Chrissie at Colossi Memnon, Luxor

For me Egypt is a place that not only fascinates me, but it also inspires me. So much so, that I have chosen to set my next book Wind Across the Nile there. I have been lucky to visit the country on a number of occasions, and those trips are in my top five of favourite places to visit. Leaving Egypt has always been hard for me, there is something about the country that gets under my skin, stays with me and makes me leave a small piece of my heart behind.


Karnak Temple, near Luxor


Many people ask me what my favourite thing about Egypt is, and it's a tough choice, there are so many amazing things to see, be it the pyramids, one of the many temples or the fantastic museums. If I had to choose, it would probably be a trip along the Nile on a felucca. It is wonderful being out on the water watching the many sights of Egyptian life pass by, but for me sunset is the most magical time to be out on a felucca, as day turns to night and the colours of the day bleed across the sky giving way to inky skies filled with stars, you feel like you are the only person on earth. 

A felucca on the Nile at sunset in Luxor

Chrissie on a felucca in Luxor 

I would definitely recommend visiting Egypt. Until you have stood on the Giza plateau awestruck at the sight of the pyramids, explored the Egyptian Museum learning more about the countries ancient rulers or walked through a temple complex marvelling at the incredible architecture, you can't even begin to comprehend what Egypt is like. It is without doubt, the most historically amazing place on earth. 

The Ramesseum, Luxor

Wind Across the Nile by Chrissie Parker will be released Autumn 2016. To get further updates on this book release join Chrissie's facebook group.






No comments:

Post a Comment