Fossend Publishing

Fossend Publishing

Thursday 2 July 2015

Tales from Foss End

Grand Western Canal

It has been a long year of chaos, which has played havoc with my writing schedule, but the stress, tiredness and disruption has all been worth it.

I’ll explain.

Last summer we decided to put the house on the market and leave London. Moving house is a daunting task for anyone who decides to do it, but when you have two cats, and you work freelance/from home, and make the decision to move half way across the country it can prove particularly challenging.

But after many trials and tribulations (that I won’t bore you with), we finally moved in to our new house, in the middle of the Devon countryside last week.

Flowers

Despite still having many belongings in boxes and not knowing where a lot of our stuff is, we are settling in. The pace of life is slower, which is lovely, and the only noise we now hear is the quacking of ducks from the canal or the twittering of birds in the trees. it’s wonderful.


Swans and Cygnets on the canal

I’m looking forward to getting back to writing very soon so that I can release more books for my patient readers. There are so many different places I can sit and work here, and I know that the amazing countryside and scenery around us is going to be so inspiring.


For now though, I am going to spend another few days recovering from lifting and shifting of boxes, and see if I can find some of the things I've misplaced and set up my desk! For those of you who are still patiently waiting, don’t worry, the next book is on its way very soon!

1 comment: